damned, past participle; damned, past tense; damning, present participle; damns, 3rd person singular present
- (in Christian belief) Be condemned by God to suffer eternal punishment in hell
- be forever damned with Lucifer
- Be doomed to misfortune or failure
- the enterprise was damned
- Condemn, esp. by the public expression of disapproval
- intellectuals whom he damns as rigid doctrinaire idealists
- Curse (someone or something)
- she cleared her throat, damning it for its huskiness
- damn him for making this sound trivial
- Expressing anger, surprise, or frustration
- Damn! I completely forgot!
- Used for emphasis, esp. to express anger or frustration
- turn that damn thing off!
- don’t be so damn silly!